University of Kentucky B.S.C.E. 1978 Civil Engineering
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University M.S. 1979 Civil Engineering
Purdue University Ph.D 1983 Civil Engineering
2011 – Present: Director Kentucky Center of Excellence for Watershed Management
2010 – Present: Associate Director, UK Superfund Basic Research Program
2005 – Present: Director, Research Translation Core, UK Superfund Basic Research Program
2004 – Present: Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
2003 – Present: Raymond Blythe Endowed Professor of Civil Engineering
2003 – 2009: Director. Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment
2001-2002: Director, Tracy Farmer Center for the Environment
1999-2004: Kentucky River Basin Coordinator
1999-2001: Associate Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1998-1999: Acting Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1997-1998: Visiting Researcher – Kentucky Environmental Protection Agency
1996-2003: Full Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1995-1996: Associate Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1989-1996: Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1983-1989: Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1979-1981: Project Engineer, Howard K. Bell Consulting Engineers
- Hennig, B., Ormsbee, L., McClain, C., Watkins, B., Blumberg, B. Bachas, L., Sanderson, W., Gatchett, A, Lambert, J, Thompson, C., Suk, W. (2012) “Nutrition Can Modulate the Toxicity of Environmental Pollutants: Implications in Risk Assessment and Human Health”, Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol. 120, (6), pp. 771-774.
- Gui, M., Smuleac, V., Ormsbee, L., Sedlack, D., and Bhattacharyya, D., (2012) “Iron Oxide Nanoparticle Synthesis in Aqueous and Membrane Systems for Oxidative Degradation of Trichloroethylene (TCE) from Water, J.of Nanoparticle Research, Feb, Vol. 14, (1).
- Meyer, D., Hampson, S., Ormsbee., L., Bhattacharyya, D.B., (2009) “A Study of Groundwater Matrix Effects for the Destruction of TCE using Fe/Pd Nanoaggregates” Journal of Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, Volume 28, (4), December, pp. 507-518.
- Ormsbee, L., Elshorbagy, A.,and Zechman, E., (2004) “Methodology for pH TMDLs: Application to Beech Creek Watershed,” ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, Vol. 130, (2).
- Jain, A., and Ormsbee, L. (2002) “Short-term Water Demand Forecast Modeling Techniques- Conventional Methods Versus AI”, Journal of the AWWA, Vol 94, (7), pp. 64-72.
- Ormsbee, L, and Lingireddy, S., (1997) “Calibrating Hydraulic Network Models,” Journal of the AWWA, Vol 89, (2), pp 42-50.
- Ormsbee, L.E., and Lansey, K.E., (1994) “Optimal Control of Water Supply Pumping,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 120, (2), pp. 237-252.
- Ormsbee, L.E. and Kessler, A., (1990) “Optimal Upgrading of Hydraulic Network Reliability,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 116 (6), pp. 784-802.
- Ormsbee, L.E. and Khan, A.Q., (1989) “A Parametric Model for Steeply Sloping Forested Watersheds,” Water Resources Research, Vol. 25 (9), pp. 2053-2065
- Ormsbee, L.E., (1989) “Rainfall Disaggregation for Continuous Hydrologic Modeling,” ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 115 (4), pp. 507-528.
- Ormsbee L.E., Walski, T.M., Chase, D.V., and Sharp, W.W., (1989) “Methodology for Improving Pump Operation Efficiency,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 115 (2), pp. 148-164.
- Ormsbee, L.E. and Wood, D.J., (1986) “Explicit Pipe Network Calibration,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 112 (2), pp. 166-182.