Dean of the College of Engineering (Interim)
Director Power and Energy Institute Kentucky (PEIK)
Research Areas: discrete event control systems, embedded systems, Energy, fault detection, fault diagnosis, fault monitoring, manufacturing automation, Manufacturing Systems, power, power systems, production control
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering - ECE
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University
July 2016-present Dean (Interim), of the College of Engineering
April 2010-present Director, Power and Energy Institute Kentucky (PEIK), University of Kentucky
July 2007-July 2016 Chair, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
Sept.2002 to August 2007 Director, U.K. Center for Manufacturing, University of Kentucky
Sept.1999 to August 2002 Deputy Director, U.K. Center for Manufacturing, University of Kentucky
Aug. 1991 to present Professor (formerly Assoc. Prof and Assist. Prof.) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
Joint faculty member in Center for Manufacturing and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
June 93 to August 93, July 95 Rockwell Science Center, Thousand Oaks, California.
June 87 to August 87 National Instruments, Austin, Texas.
My 1983-June 1986 Co-op student, LTV Aerospace and Defense, Dallas, Texas
- “Detection of unmodeled anomalous behaviors via localized controllers for condition systems”; Ashley, J, and Holloway, L.E.; International Journal of Production Research; (A Special Issue on Computation Engineering in Systems Applications). Volume 46; Issue 19; pages 5289-5312; 2008.
- “Design for Sustainability (DFS): New Challenges in Developing and Implementing a Curriculum for Next Generation Design and Manufacturing Engineers,” Jawahir, I.S.; Rouch, K.E.; Dillon, O.W.; Holloway, L.; Hall, A. International Journal of Engineering Education, Volume 23, Number 6, November 2007, pp. 1053-1064(12)
- “Applying Automated Control Synthesis Methods to Condition Systems Requiring State Observers”, L.E. Holloway, J. Ashley, Y. Gong. Control Engineering Practice, volume 14:10 (2006), pp 1169-1181.
- “Determining the right-hand vectors of an irredundant linear inequality system,” Ramprasad Potluri and L. E. Holloway. Operations Research Letters (Elsevier publishers) vol.24 (2006), pp 373-381.
- “An equivalent CTL formulation for condition sequences”; Jeffrey Ashley and L. E. Holloway; Journal of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems; Springer Science Publishers; Volume 15, Issue 4, Dec 2005, Pages 333 – 348.
- Achieving Resilience for a Class of Serial Production Networks”, Yao Hu, Jingshan Li, and L.E. Holloway, 2010 American Control Conference , Baltimore, Maryland.
- “Stability Determination in a Class of Manufacturing Systems with Replenishment Signals”, John Thomas Henninger and L. E. Holloway, 2010 American Control Conference , Baltimore, Maryland.
- “A Modeling and Aggregation Approach for Analyzing Resilience of Manufacturing Enterprises”, Yao Hu, Jingshan Li, and L.E. Holloway, 2009 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Antonio, Texas, Oct. 2009.
- “Towards Modeling of Resilience Dynamics in Manufacturing Enterprises: Literature Review and Problem Formulation”, Yao Hu, Jingshan Li, L. E. Holloway Proceedings of 2008 IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE 2008), pp. 279-284. August, 23-26, 2008, Washington DC.
- “Applications of Lean Concepts to the Teaching of Lean Manufacturing”, A. Hall and L. Holloway. Proceedings of 2008 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Pittsburgh, PA, June 2008
- “Qualitative Diagnosis of Condition Systems,” Jeffrey Ashley and L. E. Holloway. Discrete Event Dynamic Systems: Theory and Applications, 14:4, Kluwer Academic Publishers. October 2004 pp395-412.
- “Computing Bounds for Forbidden State Reachability Functions for Controlled Petri Nets,” L.E. Holloway, Ajit S. Khare, and Yu Gong. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A, 34(2), March 2004. pp219-228.