Director Institute of Research for Technology Development (IR4TD)
Tennessee Valley Authority Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Research Areas: Automotive Surface Coating and Inspection, Combustion, Fire Research, Lean Manufacturing, Nano-Technology, Scale Modeling
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Mechanical Engineering - ME
B.S. (1975), and Dr. Engrg. (1980) Mechanical Engineering,
Seikei University, Tokyo, Japan (Doctoral thesis advisor: R.I. Emori)
University of Kentucky
Tennessee Valley Authority Professor in Mechanical Engineering (2001 – present);
Professor (1993 – 2000)
Associate Professor (1986 – 1993)
Prof. Research Staff (1984 – 1986)
Research Associate (1981 – 1984)
University of California, San Diego
Postgraduate Assistant Engineer (1980 – 1981) (Advisors: F.A. Williams and A.S. Gordon)
- M. Omar, M.I. Hassan, K. Saito, and R. Alloo, “IR self-referencing thermography for detection of in-depth defects,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 46: 283-289 (2005).
- M. Omar, M.I. Hassan, and K. Saito, “Optimizing thermography depth probing with a dynamic thermal point spread function,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 46: 506-514 (2005).
- T. Konishi, A. Ito, Y. Kudo, A. Narumi, K. Saito, J. Baker, and P. Struk, “Simultaneous measurement of temperature and chemical species concentrations with holographic interferometer and infrared absorption,” Applied Optics, vol. 45: 5725-5732 (2006).
- V. Srinivathan, A.J. Salazar, and K. Saito, “Numerical investigation on the disintegration of round turbulent liquid jets using LES/VOF techniques,” Atomization and Sprays, vol. 18: 1-47 (2008).
- K. Saito Edited., Progress in Scale Modeling: Summary of the First International Symposium on Scale Modeling (ISSM in 1988) and Selected Papers from subsequent Symposia (ISSM II in 1997 through ISSM V in 2006, Springer Science + Business Media B.V., 2008.