Ph.D., Systems Engineering, Marquette University
M.S., Agricultural Engineering, Purdue University
B.S., Agricultural Engineering, Purdue University
1997 – 2009 Chair of Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
1993 – present Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
1996 – 1996 Interim Director, Center for Robotics and Manuf. Systems, Interim Associate Dean for Research, University of Kentucky,
1985 – 1993 Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Kentucky
1966 – 1985 Allis-Chalmers Corporation, Milwaukee, WI.
- “Transitioning To a Two-Semester Capstone Design Sequence in Mechanical Engineering”, Keith E. Rouch, William E. Murphy, Vincent R. Capece, 2007 Capstone Design Conference, June 2007.
- “Multi-University and Industrial Collaboration for Research-Oriented Capstone Experience”,Suzanne Weaver Smith, Keith E. Rouch, William T. Smith, Jamey D. Jacob, 2007 Capstone Design Conference, June 2007.
- Hamade, R.H., S.P. Manthri, F. Pusavec, K.A. Zacny, L.A. Taylor, O.W. Dillon, Jr., K.E. Rouch and I.S. Jawahir, “Compact Core Drilling in Basalt Rock using Rectangular PCD Tool Inserts: Wear Characteristics and Cutting Forces”, J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 210, 2010, pp. 1326-1339.
- Hamade, R.H., S.P. Manthri, F. Pusavec, K.A. Zacny, L.A. Taylor, K.E. Rouch, O.W. Dillon, Jr., and I.S. Jawahir, “Developing a Methodology towards Sustainable PCD Compact Core Drilling on Planet Mars”, 2009 ASME-IMECE, Orlando, FL, November 2009.
- Jawahir, I.S., K.E. Rouch, O.W. Dillon, Jr., L. Holloway and A. Hall, “Design for Sustainability (DFS): New Challenges in Developing and Implementing a Curriculum for Next Generation Design and Manufacturing Engineers”, Int. J. Engineering Education, Vol. 23(6), 2007, pp. 1053-1064
- Jawahir, I.S., K.E. Rouch, O.W. Dillon, Jr., K.J. Joshi, A. Venkatachalam and I.H. Jaafar, “Total Life-cycle Considerations in Product Design for Manufacture: A Framework for Comprehensive Evaluation”, (Keynote Paper), Proc. TMT 2006, Lloret de Mar, Barcelona, Spain, September 2006, pp. 1-10.
- Jawahir, I.S., A.K. Balaji, K.E. Rouch and J.E. Baker, “Towards Integration of Hybrid Models for Optimized Machining Performance in Intelligent Machining Systems”, J. Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 139(1-3), 2003, pp. 488-498.
- Liew, J., O.W. Dillon, Jr., K.E. Rouch, S. Das and I.S. Jawahir, “Innovative Product Design Concepts and a New Methodology for Sustainability Enhancement in Aluminum Beverage Cans”, Proc. 4th International Conference on Design and Manufacture for Sustainable Development, New Castle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, July 2005.
- Baker, J.R., and K.E. Rouch ,”Stability Analysis of Boring Bars with Asymmetry”, Machining Science and Technology, Volume 6, No. 2, pp. 81-95 (2002).
- Baker, J.R., and K.E. Rouch ,”Use of Finite Element Structural Models in Analyzing Machine Tool Chatter”, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design., Vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1029-1046 (2002).