Associate Dean for Outreach and External Partnerships
Lawson Professor of Civil Engineering
Research Areas: Construction Material Engineering, Pavement Design Construction and Management, Transportation Engineering
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Civil Engineering - CE
Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1988 (Construction Materials, Pavements, Transportation)
M.S. Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1985 (Pavements, Transportation, Fracture Mechanics)
B.S. Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1982 (Structures, Transportation)
- Lawson Professor of Civil Engineering
- Director of Graduate Studies. University of Kentucky
- Academic Coordinator — UK Advanced Transportation Institute (1993-1996)
- Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, and Head of Bituminous Materials Research Section, UK-KTC (1988-1994).
- Research Associate, Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M Univ. (1983-1988).
- Consulting Engineer (1985-1988).
- D.E. Rust, R. Rathbone, K.C. Mahboub, T. Robl. “Formulating Low Energy Cement Products”. ASCE Journal of Materials Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineering, Volume 24, Issue 9, September 2012, pp. 1125–1131.
- T.M. Clements, P.B. Blankenship, K.C. Mahboub. “The Effect of Loose Mix Aging on the Performance of Warm Asphalts”. Journal of Association of Asphalt Pavement Technologists (AAPT, December 2012).
- R.C. Graves, and K.C. Mahboub. “Streamlining the use of the NCHRP Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG)”. Journal of the Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, TRR 2305, 2013, pp. 170-176.
- J.V. Brien, K.R. Henke, K.C. Mahboub, “Observations on Peak Strength Behavior of Calcium Sulfo-aluminate (CSA) Cement Mortars”, Journal of Green Building, 2013, Volume 8 Number 3.
- J.V. Brien, K.C. Mahboub. “Influence of Polymer Type on Adhesion Performance of a Blended Cement Mortar”. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, Elsevier, Volume 43, June 2013, Pages 7–13.
- Zeinali, K.C. Mahboub, H.F. Southgate. “Effects of Hinged Dowel System on Performance of Concrete Pavement Joints”. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2013, pp. 243-249.
- R.B. Jewell, K.C. Mahboub, T.L. Robl. “Interfacial Bond between Reinforcing Fibers and CSA Cements: Fiber Pullout Characteristics”. Journal of Concrete Materials, American Concrete Institute (ACI), 2014.
- Zeinali, P.B. Blankenship, R.M. Anderson, K.C. Mahboub. “Effect of Long-Term Ambient Storage of Compacted Asphalt Mixtures on Laboratory-Measured Dynamic Modulus and Flow Number”. Journal of Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, 2014.
- Zeinali, P.B. Blankenship, R.M. Anderson, K.C. Mahboub. “Effect of Laboratory Mixing and Compaction Temperatures on Asphalt Mixture Volumetrics and Dynamic Modulus”. Journal of Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, 2014.
- A. Zeinali, K.C. Mahboub. P.B. Blankenship, R.M. Anderson, “Development of the Indirect Ring Tension Fracture Test for Hot Mix Asphalt. Journal of AAPT 2014, jointly published with the Journal of Road Materials and Pavement Deign (RMPD).