Ph.D., University of South Alabama
M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of South Alabama
B.S., University of South Alabama
2008 – Present Assistant Professor Dept. of Chem. and Matl. Eng., University of Kentucky
2002 – 2006 Sr. Process Engineer Evonik Degussa Corporation, Mobile, Alabama
2000 – 2002 Process Engineer CDI Engineering Group, Mobile, Alabama
1996 – 2000 Process Engineer B E&K Engineering, Mobile, Alabama
- Ramsey, A, S. Sukumara and J. Seay (2010): “Developing Technoeconomic Models for Estimating Regional Biorefining Potential Using Process Simulation”, Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Sustainable Product and Process Engineering, CD-Volume.
- Jernigan, R.J., Hansrote, S.A., Ramey, K., Richardson, L.E. and Seay, J.R. (2009): “Developing Sustainable Chemical Processes to Utilize Waste Crude Glycerol from Biodiesel Production”, Design for Energy and the Environment, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on the Foundations of Computer-Aided Process Design, CRC Press, New York, New York, pp. 361 –370.
- Seay J.R., Werhan H., Eden M.R., D’Alessandro R.N., Thomas T., Redlingshoefer H., Weckbecker C., Huthmacher K. (2008): Integrating Laboratory Experiments with Process Simulation for Reactor Optimization”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 25, Paper 168 (CD Volume).
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R., D’Alessandro R.N., Thomas T., Redlingshoefer H., Weckbecker C., Huthmacher K. (2007): “Integration of Process Modeling with Laboratory Experiments in Conceptual Design: Bio-based Glycerol Dehydration Case Study”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 24, pp. 485-490.
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R., D’Alessandro R.N., Weckbecker C. (2006): “Sustainable Production of Industrial Chemical Products from Bioresources”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering ,21A, pp. 961-966.
- Seay, J.R. and Eden, M.R. (2009): “Incorporating Sustainability and Environmental Impact Assessment into Capstone Design Projects”, Design for Energy and the Environment, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on the Foundations of Computer-Aided Process Design, CRC Press, New York, New York, pp. 689-698.
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R. (2009): “Incorporating Environmental Impact Assessment into Conceptual Process Design”, Journal of Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 28(1), pp. 30-37.
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R. (2008): “Incorporating Risk Assessment and Inherently Safer Design Practices into Chemical Engineering Education”, Chemical Engineering Education, 42(3), pp. 141-146.
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R. (2007): “Sustainable Engineering in Capstone Design Projects through Industrial Collaboration”, Proc. of 1st Intl. Symp. on Sustainable Chem. Prod. and Proc. Eng.
- Seay J.R., Eden M.R. (2008): “Challenges of Implementing A Joint Industrial – Academic Research Project as Part of a Non-Traditional Industrial Ph.D. Dissertation”, Chem. Eng