Bluefield College, Bluefield, VA, Pre-Engineering, A.S. – 1975
VPI & SU, Blacksburg, VA, Mining Engineering, B.S. – 1977
VPI & SU, Blacksburg, VA, Mining Engineering, M.S. – 1979
West Virginia Univ., Morgantown, WV, Mining Engineering, Ph.D. – 1982
September 2001 – present, Professor of Mining Engineering and Associate Dean for Commonwealth & International Programs
July 1999 – September 2001, Professor of Mining Engineering and Associate Dean for Extended Campus Programs, UK College of Engineering, Director, Office for Informational Services and Technical Liaison)
July 1998 – July 1999, Associate Professor of Mining Engineering and Associate Dean for Extended Campus Programs, UK College of Engineering; OISTL Director
November 1993 – July 1998, Associate Professor of Mining Engineering and Assistant to the Dean for Extended Campus Programs; OISTL Director
July 1987 – November 1993, Associate Professor of Mining Engineering, UK
July 1992 – July 1987, Assistant Professor of Mining Engineering, UK
- Lu, W. and Lineberry, G. T., “Mechanism Analysis and Preventive Methods for Rock Bursts in Deep Mining Conditions,” ARMA (American Rock Mechanics Association) Meeting, Ashville, NC (June 28 – July 1, 2009), Paper #09-75, 8 pp.
- Isaacs, S.G., Powers, L.A., Lineberry, G. T., and Scharf, F.E.., “Enhancing Livestock Handling Safety with the Work Crew Performance Model,” Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 261-271 (2008).
- Honaker, R., Luttrell, G., and Lineberry, G.T., “Improved Mining Economics Using Near-Face Deshaling,” Minerals and Metallurgical Processing Journal, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 73-79 (2006).
- Royal, K. D. and Lineberry, G. T., “Investigating Diversity: A Study of One Institution’s Main and Extended Campus Engineering Programs,” 2007 Annual ASEE IL/IN Section Conference, Indianapolis, IN (March 30-31, 2007), Paper #47.
- Balk, I. and Lineberry, G. T., “Freshman Program to Germany: An Introduction to German Engineering,” ASEE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA (June 22-25, 2008), 8 pp.
- Lineberry, G. T., Lynch, A., Keathley, D., Wong, J., and Bettez, D., “WIP: Fine-Tuning an Engineering Study Abroad Program,” Frontiers in Education Conference, Milwaukee, WI (Oct. 10-13, 2007), 3 pp., http://fie.engrng.pitt.edu/fie2007/ papers/1009.pdf.
- Royal, K., Bradley, K D., and Lineberry, G. T., “Evaluating Interactive Television (ITV) Courses: An Identification of Factors Associated with Student Satisfaction,” The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, Summer 2005, Vol. 8, No. 2.
- Lineberry, G. T., “The Engineering Pipeline Issue in Kentucky,” White Paper (March 23, 2005), 5 pp.
- Prater, C., Lineberry, G. T., and Watts, T., “Cast Blasting: Design and Applications,” 32nd Annual Conference on Explosives & Blasting Technique, Dallas, TX (Jan. 29 – Feb. 1, 2006), 12 pp.
- Sasser, J. E., Lineberry, G. T., and Scheff, S., “Recruiting and Retaining Women in Engineering: A Kentucky Collaboration,” Proceedings, 2004 Frontiers in Education Conference: Expanding Educational Opportunities through Partnerships and Distance Learning, Savannah, GA (Oct. 20-23, 2004), Session TIA-1, 6 pp.
- Murphy, W. and Lineberry, G.T., “Accreditation Preparations of a Cooperative Engineering Program Under ABET EC2000,” Proceedings, 2003 ASEE Annual Conference, Nashville, TN, (June 22-25, 2003), Paper #1607, 10 pp.
- Lineberry, G.T., Silverstein, D.L., and Baird, C.M., “University of Kentucky’s Ongoing Experience with Statewide Expansion of Engineering Education: Lessons Learned,” Proc., 31st International Symposium on Computer Applications in the Minerals Industry (2003), Cape Town, S. Africa, pp. 561-568.
- Lineberry, G.T. and Murphy, W.M., “One Land-Grant University’s Experience with Statewide Expansion of Engineering Education: The UK Story,” WABCA 2001, Coeur d’Alene, ID (April 27, 2001).
- Capece, V.R., Murphy, W.E., Lineberry, G.T., and Lykins, B., “Development of an Extended Campus Mechanical Engineering Program,” 2000 ASEE Annual Conf., St. Louis, MO (June 2000).