Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, The Ohio State University
M.S., Chemical Engineering, The Ohio State University
B.S., Chemical Engineering, The Ohio State University
2003 – present Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies, Director, Electron Microscope Center, College of Engineering, University of Kentucky
2000 – 2003 Director, Advanced Carbon Materials Center, NSF MRSEC, University of Kentucky
1993 – present Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky
1993 – 2001 Chairman, Department of Chemical & Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky. Director, Materials Characterization Center, Associate Director, Carbon Materials Group. CAER
1987 – 1990 Acting Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Michigan State University
1981 – 1982 Congressional Engineering Fellow with Senator Carl Levin, Michigan.
1978 – 1993 Professor, Associate Professor (81-87), Assistant Professor (78-81) Department of Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University. Adjunct; Food Science, Agricultural Engineering
1975 – 1978 Senior R&D Engineer, B.F. Goodrich Chemical Division, Brecksville, Ohio
- Wang, B., P. Wu, A. Yokel Robert, and A. Grulke Eric, Influence of surface charge on lysozyme
adsoprtion to ceria nanoparticles. Appl. Surf. Sci., 2012. 258: p. 5332-5341.
- Kanniah, V., B. Wang, Y. Yang, and E.A. Grulke, Graphite functionalization for dispersion in a
two-phase lubricant oligomer mixture. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2012: p. Ahead of Print.
- Dan, M., P. Wu, E.A. Grulke, U.M. Graham, J.M. Unrine, and R.A. Yokel, Ceria-engineered
nanomaterial distribution in, and clearance from, blood: size matters. Nanomedicine (Lond),
2012. 7: p. 95-110.
- Kanniah, V., T.R. Forbus, S. Parker, and E.A. Grulke, Partition coefficients for a mixture of two
lubricant oligomers. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2011. 122: p. 2915-2925.
- Mandzy, N.S., E.A. Grulke, and T.L. Druffel, Methods of making and using metal oxide
nanoparticles. 2008, (Q2100, Inc., USA). Application: WO. p. 20pp.
- Harrison, C., E. Burgett, N. Hertel, and E. Grulke, Polyethylene/boron containing composites for
radiation shielding applications. Ceram. Eng. Sci. Proc., 2009. 29(8, Nanostructured Materials
and Nanotechnology II): p. 77-84.
- Grulke Eric, A. Characterization of engineered nanomaterials for health studies. in 3rd NNI
workshop on nanoEHS research needs. 2009. Arlington, VA.
- El-Azzami, L.A. and E.A. Grulke, Carbon dioxide separation from hydrogen and nitrogen. J.
Membr. Sci., 2009. 328(1-2): p. 15-22.
- Geng, K., F. Yang, and E.A. Grulke, Nanoindentation of submicron polymeric coating systems.
Mater. Sci. Eng., A, 2008. A479(1-2): p. 157-163.
- Druffel, T., N. Mandzy, M. Sunkara, and E. Grulke, Polymer nanocomposite thin film mirror for
the infrared region. Small, 2008. 4(4): p. 459-461.
- Senior U.S. editor, Polymer Handbook, John Wiley.
- ABET evaluator, 2000- 2009, Chemical Engineering
- Member, ISO/TC229, ANSI-accredited U.S. Technical Advisory Group for ISO/TC229, developing ISO standards for the emerging nanotechnology industry, 2010