Ph.D. (Mining and Minerals Engineering), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1994
M.Sc. (Minerals Processing Engineering), China University of Mining and Technology, 1986
B.Sc. (Minerals Processing Engineering), Beijing University of Science and Technology, 1983
2008- Distinguished Mining Engineering Professor, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2008- Professor, the Department of Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky.
2004-08 Associate Professor, the Department of Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
1998-04 Assistant Professor, the Department of Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
1996-98 Research Engineer, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
1994-96 Senior Research Associate, Center for Coal and Minerals Processing, Blacksburg, VA.
1990-94 Research Assistant, Department of Mining and Minerals Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
1989-90 Visiting Scholar, Center for Coal and Minerals Processing, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
1986-89 Lecturer, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, China
New or Active Projects
- Tao, D. and Honaker, R., 2013. “Advanced Development and Assessment of Innovative HM Cyclone Separation Technology for High Efficiency Coal Cleaning”, Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, $566,683, 3/15/2013-6/30/2014.
- Tao, D., 2013, Advanced Separation Technologies for Extraction of Rare Earth Elements (REE)”. The Assistant Secretary of Defense (Research & Engineering) STTR Program, $40,000, 2/22/2013-8/21/2013.
- Tao, D. (PI), 2011. “Innovative RTS Technology for Efficient Separation of Dolomite from Phosphate”, Florida Institute of Phosphate Research (FIPR), $130,000, 11/2/2012-9/30/2013.
- Kou+, J., Tao*, D., Sun T., and Xu+, G., 2012. “Application of the Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation Method to a Study of Oleate Adsorption onto a Hydroxyapatite Surface”, Minerals and Metallurgical Processing, 29(1):47-55.
- He,Y.,Duan,C.,Wang,H.,Zhao,Y.,Tao,D., 2011. “Separation of metal laden waste using pulsating air dry material separator”, Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., 8(1):73-82.
- Tao*, D., Sobhy+, A., Li+, Q., and Honaker, R., 2011. “Dry Cleaning of Pulverized Coal Using Novel Rotary Triboelectrostatic Separator (RTS)”, International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilization, 31:187-202.
- Kou, J. and Tao*, D., 2010. “Fatty Acid Collectors for Phosphate Flotation and Their Adsorption Behavior Using QCM-D”, International Journal of Mineral Proces., 95(1):1-9.
- Bada, S., Tao, D., Falcon, Honaker, R., L.M., Falcon, R.M.S., 2010. “A Study of Rotary Tribo-Electrostatic Separation of South African Fine Coal”, International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilization, 30(2-5):154-172.
- Kou, J., Tao*, D., and Xu, G., 2010. “A Study of Adsorption of Dodecylamine on Quartz Surface Using Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation”, Colloids and Surfaces A, 368:75-83.
- Tao*, D., Zhou, X. Dopico, P., Hines, J., and Kennedy, D., 2010. “Evaluation of Novel GP Clay Binders in Iron Ore Flotation,” Journal of Minerals and Metallurgical Processing, 27(1):42-46.
- Kor, M., Abkhoshk, E., Tao, D., Chen+ G.L., Modarres,H., 2010. “Modeling and optimization of high chromium alloy wear in phosphate laboratory grinding mill with fuzzy logic and particle swarm optimization technique”, Minerals Engineering, 23:713-719.
- Tao*, D., Parekh, B.K., and Zhang, P., 2010. “Pilot Scale Demonstration of Deep Cone Paste Thickening Process for Phosphatic Clay/Sand Disposal”, Separation Science and Technology, 45(10).
- Tao*, D. Zhou, X., Kennedy, D., Dopico P., and Hines J., 2010. “Improved Phosphate Flotation Using Clay Binder”, Separation Science and Technology, 45(5):604-609.
- Tao*, D., Fan+, M., and Jiang+, X., 2009. “Dry coal fly ash cleaning using rotary triboelectrostatic separator”, Mining Science and Technology, 19:642-647.
- Tao*, D., Yu+, S., Zhou+, X., and Honaker, R., Parekh, B.K., 2008. “Picobubble Column Flotation of Fine Coal,” Coal Preparation, 28(1):1-14.
- Fan+, M. and Tao, D.*, 2008. “A Study on Picobubble Enhanced Coarse Phosphate Froth Flotation,” Separation Science and Technology, 43(1):1-10.