Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Vanderbilt University , 2007
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 2002
2012 – present Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
Nov. 2011 – Aug. 2012 : Staff Scientist, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Jan. 2011 – Nov. 2011: Postdoctoral Research Associate, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Jan. 2008 – Jan. 2011: Process Engineer, URS Energy and Construction
Aug. 2003 – Dec. 2007: Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellow
May 2005 – Aug. 2005: DOE CSGF Intern, Sandia National Laboratories
- M.H. Momeni‡, C.M. Payne‡, H. Hansson, N.E. Mikkelsen, J. Svedberg, J., Å, Engström, Å., M. Sandgren, G.T. Beckham, and J. Ståhlberg, ”Structural, Biochemical, and Computational Characterization of the Glycoside Hydrolase Family 7 Cellobiohydrolase of the Tree-killing Fungus Heterobasion irregulare,” (accepted at J. Biol. Chem.)
- D.W. Sammond, C.M. Payne, R. Brunecky, M.E. Himmel, M.F. Crowley, and G.T. Beckham, “Cellulase Linkers are Optimized Based on Domain Type and Function: Insights from Sequence Analysis, Biophysical Measurements, and Molecular Simulation,” PLoS ONE, 7, e48615 (2012).
- C.M. Payne, J. Baban, S.J. Horn, P.H. Backe A.S. Arvai, B. Dalhus, M. Bjørås, V.G.H. Eijsink, M. Sørlie, G.T. Beckham, and G. Vaaje-Kolstad, “Hallmarks of processivity in glycoside hydrolases from crystallographic and computational studies of the Serratia marcescens chitinases,” J. Biol. Chem., 287, 36322-36330 (2012).
- G.T. Beckham, Z. Dai, J.F. Matthews, M. Momany, C.M. Payne, W.S. Adney, S.E. Baker, and M.E. Himmel, “Harnessing Glycosylation to Improve Cellulase Activity,” Curr. Opin. Biotechnol., 23, 338-345 (2012).
- C.M. Payne, Y.J. Bomble, C.B. Taylor, C. McCabe, M.E. Himmel, M.F. Crowley, and G.T. Beckham, “Multiple Functions of Aromatic-Carbohydrate Interactions in a Processive Enzyme Tunnel Examined with Molecular Simulation,” J. Biol. Chem., 286, 41028-41035 (2011).
- C.M. Payne, M.E. Himmel, M.F. Crowley, and G.T. Beckham, “Decrystallization of Oligosaccharides from the Cellulose 1β Surface with Molecular Simulation,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2, 1546-1550 (2011).
- X. Zhao, C.M. Payne, and P.T. Cummings, “Controlled Translocation of DNA Segments Through Nanoelectrode Gaps from Molecular Dynamics,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 112, 9-12 (2008).
- C.M. Payne, X. Zhao, and P.T. Cummings, “Electrophoresis of ssDNA Through Nanoelectrode Gaps from Molecular Dynamics: Impact of Gap Width and Chain Length,” J. Phys. Chem. B, 112, 12851-12858 (2008).
- C.M. Payne, X. Zhao, L. Vlcek, and P.T. Cummings, “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of ss-DNA Translocation Between Copper Nanoelectrodes Incorporating Electrode Charge Dynamics,” J. Phys. Chem. B, 112, 1712-1717 (2008).
- X. Zhao, C.M. Payne, P.T. Cummings, and J.W. Lee, “Single-Strand DNA Molecule Translocation Through Nanoelectrode Gaps,” Nanotechnology, 18, 424018 (2007).