Research Areas: all-digital control design, deterministic control of uncertain systems, deterministic estimation of uncertain systems, modeling of flexible systems by uncertain methods, nonlinear systems, output feedback stabilization of nonlinear systems, symbolic control
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
BSEE, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, May 1981 (with Highest Distinction)
MSEE, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, August 1982
Ph.D., Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, December 1986
1/87 ‑ 6/87: Visiting Assistant Professor at Purdue University.
6/89 ‑ 8/89, 6/90 ‑ 8/90: Summer Faculty Fellow at NASA’s MSFC in Huntsville, Alabama.
7/87 ‑ 6/91: Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
7/92 ‑ 8/95: Director of Graduate Studies in Electrical Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
7/91 – 7/02: Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
1/96 – : President and Co-founder of Infinite Horizon, LLC.
7/99 – : Associate Dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
7/02 – : Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
7/03 – : College of Engineering Alumni Professor at the University of Kentucky.
1/04 – 7/07 :Co-Founder and Interim Director of UK Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
7/07 – 6/10 : Director of UK Center for Manufacturing
7/03 – 12/12 : Associate Dean for New Economy Initiatives and Innovations Management
9/03 – 6/13 : Engineering Alumni Association Professor
- “Precision instrument for characterizing shape memory alloy wires in bias spring actuation,” Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol 76, pp. 065105-1 to 065105-5, June 2005 (with S. Chikkamaranahalii, R. Vallance, E. Marsh, OA. Rawashdeh, and J.E. Lumpp).
- “Wideband image supression in low-IF receivers,” Proc. of IEEE 48th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 345-348, August 7-10, 2005 (with E. Seagraves).
- “Adaptive Interval Control of Arc Welding Processes,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 14, No. 6 pp. 1127-1134, November 2006 (with J. Zhang).
- “Equalization of Volterra systems using a multilinear SVD based pseudo p th order inverse,” Proc. of IEEE 50th Midwest Symposium on Circuits, 2007.
- “Immersing High School Students in Engineering and Entrepreneurship,” in Proc. of 114th ASEE Annual Conference, Honolulu, HI, June 24-27, 2007.