Vision and Mission statement
The vision and mission statements of the University of Kentucky are as follows:
Vision: As Kentucky's indespensable institution, we transform the lives of our students and advance the Commonwealth we serve -and beyond - through our teaching and learning, diversity and inclusion, discovery, research and creativity, promotion of health, and deep community engagement.
Mission: The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service and health care. As Kentucky's flagship institution, the University of Kentucky plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.
The University of Kentucky:
- Facilitates learning, informed by scholarship and research;
- Expands knowledge through research, scholarship and creative actvity; and
- Serves a global community by disseminating, sharing and applying knowledge.The University, as the flagship institution, plays a critical leadership role for the Commonwealth by contributing to the economic development and quality of life within Kentucky’s borders and beyond. The University nurtures a diverse community characterized by fairness and equal opportunity.
Materials Engineering Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Materials Engineering program at the University of Kentucky will:
- Excel in their chosen career pathways, as practicing materials engineers or through the pursuit of advanced technical or professional degrees.
- Impact their profession through effective leadership, communication, teamwork, and through creative solution strategies to address global and societal issues.
- Apply their engineering training to contribute to the health, safety, environmental and economic well-being of their communities.
- Seek out continuing education, professional development and career advancement opportunities.