We aspire to make the College of Engineering one of the nation’s most valued engineering schools, recognized nationally and internationally for excellence in teaching, research, and public service. We seek to be a preferred choice of:
- students and practitioners seeking an engineering education;
- employers hiring engineering graduates; and
- organizations seeking advanced engineering knowledge.
To provide education, research and service in a scholarly environment in a way that:
- prepares our students for successful professional careers;
- addresses the changing needs of our other constituents; and
- responds to the technological challenges facing the Commonwealth and the Nation.
We support the values of the University and in particular we value:
- academic excellence and freedom;
- assessment and continuous improvement of our programs/processes;
- success of our students and seek to know them personally;
- professional development of our students and engineering practitioners;
- the personal and professional development of our faculty and staff;
- diversity among our students, faculty and staff; and
- being a collaborative part of the University of Kentucky.