We have a unique course that integrates you into the College of Engineering and into your major courses quickly.
If you have already selected a major, you can take the combined EGR 112/103 course your first semester. Anyone still considering their options is welcome to take EGR 101 and the standard EGR 103 to fully explore the engineering and computer science degree programs offered at UK. If you have already taken a programming course such as CS 115, you do not need to take EGR 102. The combination of EGR courses you select can be taken concurrently.
EGR 112/103 Engineering Exploration for Transfer Students and Engineering Exploration II covers the professional skills, design methods and problem solving strategies used by all types of engineers and computer scientists. Teamwork, documenting the design process and prototyping will allow teams to build Rube Goldberg machines for competition.
Advising Tips for Transferring into the College of Engineering
Complete information about transferring to UK can be found here: http://www.uky.edu/Admission
Admission into the College of Engineering is selective. Students seeking to transfer into the College of Engineering from other institutions or from other majors within UK must meet one of the following minimum criteria:
- Have a Math ACT score of 23 or above
- Be currently enrolled, or eligible to enroll in, MA 110; have completed the equivalent of MA 110 (with a “C” or better) at another institution or by UK placement exam be eligible to enroll in MA 110.
In addition, prospective transfer students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better for all college-level work attempted. Applicants must also have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better for work attempted at the last institution attended, provided at least 12 credit hours (or equivalent) were attempted.
- There are additional GPA requirements in order to advance to Engineering Standing learn more here.
Regardless of the total number of transfer credit hours accepted, all candidates for a bachelor’s degree must complete 30 of the last 36 hours of their program at UK, and 25% of coursework toward the degree should be taken at UK.
For non-UK students transferring to the College of Engineering:
- Review the Transfer Admissions information and complete the UK application for undergraduate admission: www.uky.edu/Admission/application.
- Provide official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Indicate the desired College of Engineering major on the application. Since Engineering is a selective major, you must also list a second choice of major.
- You must first be admitted to UK; then your transcript(s) will be evaluated for UK course equivalencies. Download the Policy on the Transferring of Engineering Courses for more details.
- The earlier you send your application and transcripts the sooner your transfer credits will be evaluated.
Current UK students wishing to transfer into the College of Engineering:
- See detailed procedures under Changing Majors on the Advising page.