If it can’t be grown, it must be mined and safe, effective and responsible mining relies on intelligent, skillful practitioners who can operate highly sophisticated mining devices.
- Mining engineering students are equipped to enter prominent industries with significant earning potential.
- In addition to coal mining, students learn how to mine minerals like silver, gold, zinc, antimony, lead, phosphates and silica, which are key materials used in everyday electronics, fertilizers, steel products and more!
- Companies come to UK’s campus to recruit students for summer internships and full-time employment; summer employment opportunities pay anywhere from $10,000-$15,000 per summer and employers often cover travel and lodging expenses.
- Congratulations to Alumnus Mike Day April 15, 2015
- Zacharias Agioutantis Joins the Department of Mining Engineering Faculty November 5, 2014
- 2014 Student Awards Dinner Photos July 17, 2014
- CAER Researcher Seeks Safer Batteries for Underground Mine Use September 11, 2013
- AKJ Industries Renews Partnership with Department of Mining Engineering May 21, 2013