If it can’t be grown, it must be mined and safe, effective and responsible mining relies on intelligent, skillful practitioners who can operate highly sophisticated mining devices.
- Mining engineering students are equipped to enter prominent industries with significant earning potential.
- In addition to coal mining, students learn how to mine minerals like silver, gold, zinc, antimony, lead, phosphates and silica, which are key materials used in everyday electronics, fertilizers, steel products and more!
- Companies come to UK’s campus to recruit students for summer internships and full-time employment; summer employment opportunities pay anywhere from $10,000-$15,000 per summer and employers often cover travel and lodging expenses.
- New Program Better Prepares UK Engineering Freshmen for Success
- Mining Engineering Professors’ Innovation Combats the Dangers of Dust
- Tau Beta Pi College of Engineering Awards Banquet Winners
- UK’s Rick Honaker Awarded $1 Million for Rare Earth Elements Recovery
- Honaker to Receive Prestigious Robert H. Richards Award