If it can’t be grown, it must be mined and safe, effective and responsible mining relies on intelligent, skillful practitioners who can operate highly sophisticated mining devices.
- Mining engineering students are equipped to enter prominent industries with significant earning potential.
- In addition to coal mining, students learn how to mine minerals like silver, gold, zinc, antimony, lead, phosphates and silica, which are key materials used in everyday electronics, fertilizers, steel products and more!
- Companies come to UK’s campus to recruit students for summer internships and full-time employment; summer employment opportunities pay anywhere from $10,000-$15,000 per summer and employers often cover travel and lodging expenses.
- Zacharias Agioutantis Joins the Department of Mining Engineering Faculty November 5, 2014
- Honaker to Receive Prestigious Robert H. Richards Award October 21, 2014
- 2014 Student Awards Dinner Photos July 17, 2014
- Second Annual College of Engineering Dean’s Faculty Awards Reception Honors Six April 30, 2014
- UK Helping Afghanistan Mine its Rich Resources April 23, 2014