From aerospace to manufacturing and aviation to acoustics, a degree in mechanical engineering can prepare you for an exciting career in a variety of industries.
- Mechanical engineering students may receive formalized recognition of an emphasis in aerospace subjects as part of their undergraduate degree program through the Aerospace Certificate Program.
- Gain highly valuable skills combining sophisticated modeling and analysis to solve problems associated with energy usage, propulsion, power generation, sound and vibration, machinery design, and manufacturing.
- Student organizations such as Weightless Wildcats, the Solar Car Team and the student chapter of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics allow students to integrate their classroom instruction with extracurricular competitions, service projects and outreach.
- Bailey and Berron win NSF CAREER awards February 6, 2014
- Kentucky Launches Unmanned Systems Research Consortium December 18, 2013
- UK Part of Summit on Unmanned Aerial Systems December 5, 2013
- UK Hosts Nearly 300 GEMS December 4, 2013
- Student Satellite Launched Into Orbit November 20, 2013