From aerospace to manufacturing and aviation to acoustics, a degree in mechanical engineering can prepare you for an exciting career in a variety of industries.
- Mechanical engineering students may receive formalized recognition of an emphasis in aerospace subjects as part of their undergraduate degree program through the Aerospace Certificate Program.
- Gain highly valuable skills combining sophisticated modeling and analysis to solve problems associated with energy usage, propulsion, power generation, sound and vibration, machinery design, and manufacturing.
- Student organizations such as Weightless Wildcats, the Solar Car Team and the student chapter of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics allow students to integrate their classroom instruction with extracurricular competitions, service projects and outreach.
- Honaker to Receive Prestigious Robert H. Richards Award October 21, 2014
- Martin Elected AIAA Associate Fellow October 14, 2014
- Wenk Receives American Heart Association Grant Award September 17, 2014
- Wing Design Competition to Challenge Teens’ Engineering Skills May 6, 2014
- Undergrads Present Sustainability Research at NSF Student Showcase May 5, 2014