How to Apply
All applications must be submitted on-line to the UK Graduate School. For specific instructions, visit http://www.research.uky.edu/gs/ProspectiveStudents/Admission.html
In order to complete the application you will need to submit several pieces of information including:
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE official scores sent directly from the reporting service
- TOEFL of IELTS (for applicants whose native language is not English) official scores sent directly from the reporting agency
- Application fee: $65 for domestic students; $75 for international students. The application cannot be submitted without payment of this fee.
Engineering Specific Requirements
The College of Engineering requires additional information from applicants to its graduate programs. These documents must be uploaded to the application. They include:
- Curriculum vita
- Personal statement to include the graduate studies area of interest and plan of study
- Three letters of recommendation. The applicant will be asked to supply the name and contact information of recommenders. Once the application is submitted, the system will contact each of these individuals asking that the recommendations be sent on-line directly to the Graduate School.
The deadline for domestic applications is no later than one month prior to the start of the semester the applicants intends to begin graduate course work. Some departments have earlier deadlines in order to be considered for financial support. Check with the Director of Graduate Studies of a particular program for these deadlines.
Deadline for international applicants is:
- Fall semester admission: March 15
- Spring semester admission: August 22
- Summer semester: international students are not admitted for summer sessions
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. Letters of acceptance will be sent from the Graduate School. Accepted students may also receive a letter from the program they applied to, giving details of their offer of admission.
Applicants may check their application status by visiting the Graduate School Check Application Status page.
The University of Kentucky and the Graduate School cannot give information about admittance or rejection over the telephone. According to the rights of privacy specified by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, we cannot divulge confidential information over the telephone because we cannot verify the identity of the caller.
Application Fee Waivers
To request an application waiver, contact the Director of Graduate Studies of your intended graduate program. View directory of Graduate Studies Directors.