ASME will be hosting a workshop on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at the University of Kentucky. The meeting is organized by the ASME Board of Nuclear Codes and Standards. In addition to the workshop on Tuesday, there will be an ASME board meeting Wednesday and Thursday and a mixer on Wednesday evening.
Workshops on Nuclear Energy/Engineering Safety/Design/Construction for students/staff/faculty held in the Lexmark Public Room (Main Building) at 9:30 and 3:30
- Introduction to Standards and Certification
- Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster (and engineering of a BWR system)
- Nuclear Fusion Devices
- New Nuclear Construction
- Small Modular Reactors (SMRs)
Wednesday (Feb. 27):
- Afternoon board meetings in RGAN 207 from 1-5:30 (students/staff/faculty welcome!)
- Mixer (RGAN Commons) 5:30-7:00(ish) — food + opportunity to talk with BNCS workshop speakers and other members!
Thursday (Feb. 28):
- Board meetings in Lexmark Public Room from 8:30a – 5:00 (again, students/faculty/staff welcome