What Makes a Great Exhibit?
- Interesting Title
- Interactive or Dynamic Exhibit
- moving parts
- Introduces something new to the audience
- Shows a way engineering applies to everyday life or something they already use
- acronyms that only industry folks recognize
- static displays such as poster boards and brochures
- overly technical exhibits – the audience here is school-aged kids and their families
Where and when to arrive
Doors will open for exhibitors at 7 a.m. The event is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 1 pm. Please set up by 9 a.m. and avoid tearing down before 1 p.m. Alternatively, you may set up on Friday, Feb. 21 between 3-5 p.m. Some of the classrooms may still be in use at that time, in which case we will store your equipment in a neighboring room. Student volunteers will move tables and chairs based on your request. If you want to set up on Friday, please let us know in advance.
You can find a google map to the Ralph G. Anderson Building here, where you can find staff, coffee and snacks in room 108.
We recommend you use one of two locations for unloading and reloading on Saturday:
- If you have a lot to unload, the best location is through the ASTeCC Loading Dock. This location is marked with the red line on the map found below. If you unload at the loading dock, you may park in the parking area off Graham Avenue. You may park here only on Saturday (not on Friday unless you have the appropriate UK parking permit)
- If you do not have a lot to unload, proceed to the main gate on South Limestone and Administration Dr. (stop at the gatehouse and tell the attendant you are unloading or reloading for Engineering E-Day and that you will not be parking long-term). Proceed up Administration Drive, temporarily pull your vehicle over along Administration Drive, quickly unload and return to your vehicle to move and park. If you unload here, it will be easiest after unloading to move your car into Parking Structure No. 5, located at 409 South Limestone Street, which will be free on Saturday.
After unloading, you cannot leave your vehicle parked in either loading zone, along a blue curb or in any parking space marked with blue lines, any area marked with yellow or yellow and white stripes, or any handicapped space unless you have a university-issued handicapped sticker. If you do so, you run the likelihood of being ticketed or towed. The best place to park is Parking Structure No. 5, located at 409 South Limestone Street, which will be free on Saturday.
Resources at Exhibit Location
Royal blue plastic table covers will be provided, however you are welcome to bring your own table covering(s). Each exhibit location will have the resources which were requested at registration (i.e. the number of tables, chairs, power outlets, etc.) Wireless internet is available throughout the entire complex. For information on-campus wifi, please visit www.uky.edu/wifihelp.
If anything is missing or if you need anything else please let us know and, if possible, we’ll get you what you need. All college staff and students working at the event will be happy to help you. They will be wearing a t-shirt with the E-Day Logo on the front. E-Day headquarters will be located in room 108 in the Ralph G. Anderson Building.
There will be a break room provided in RGAN 108 where there will be coffee and light refreshments provided. Additionally, the Gatton Student Center will have Champions Kitchen, Starbucks, and Chick-fil-A open on that day. Not all restaurants will be open at the start of the event. Click here for hours of operation on the day of the event.
How to Reach Help
All college faculty, staff and students working the event will be happy to help you. These volunteers will be wearing a mint green t-shirt with the E-Day Logo on the front. During E-Day, the main E-Day Office in RGAN 108 will be staffed and answering the main phone line at: 859-257-2451. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time!
Do you have questions about E-Day or would you like more information? Let us know. Contact Micaha Dean directly at: