Rules and specifications
- Each team will receive a 1lb box of spaghetti and one bag (approx 100 gum drops.)
- No strands of spaghetti will be replaced if they are broken.
- Spaghetti and gumdrops may be cut.
- All tools used for cutting or manipulation of materials should be brought by the contestant or done by hand.
- The final tower is to be constructed only of spaghetti and gum drops.
Competition and Scoring
- The teams will have 20 minutes to complete the tower
- Tower must be self-supported and stand alone for at least 30 seconds.
Score= (Highest tower height/Teams height)*100
Judging and testing
Judges will measure the height of the tower as a straight line distance from base of tower to tallest point on the tower.
Sponsored by the student section of the American Society of Civil Engineers