Contestants will be given a standardized bag fi lled with K’Nex pieces, rubber bands, and a ping pong ball. They will have 20 minutes to build a contraption to launch a ping pong ball as far as possible. When they are ready/ when time is up, they will have 3 tries to launch the ball. distance will already be measured on the fl oor with masking tape, so that their attempts can be measured. The longest distance will be recorded. the three top distances will win.
Rules and specifications
- All ages are welcome.
- This is a walk-up competition from 9:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
- Contestant will use materials provided.
- Contestant gets 20 minutes to build launcher.
- Contestant gets 3 attempts to launch.
- Three top distances will win.
- Please enter one time only.
- Winner is determined by the longest distance the launched ping pong ball travels.
- On-going distance measurements throughout the day.
Determination of Winner
The three teams with the longest launch distances will be awarded with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
NOTE: List of available supplies TBA.
Prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. There will also be an award for the most creative design.
Pi Tau Sigma.