March 20 , 2013– PEIK Seminar Series: National Electric Code (NEC) 2014 Changes
Alan Manche PE, Director, Industry Standards, Schneider Electric
Credit: 4.0 PDHs
Location: Hillary J. Boone Center
500 Rose St., Lexington, KY 40506
Industry standards, installation codes, and enforcement will be covered. Changes will be discussed section by section.
Alan Manche, an employee at Schneider Electric for 20 years, is responsible for leading company activities relative to product standards, installation codes, and enforcement. His background in product design, certification, and industry standards afforded him many hours in Schneider Electric testing labs reviewing product performance characteristics, and conformity assessment. He has been involved in the National Fire Protection Association, National Electric Manufacturers Association, National Electric Code, and Underwriters Laboratories. He holds a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MBA.
March 25, 2013 – PEIK Seminar Series: Lifting the Hood on Campus Energy Use: Myths, Metrics, and More
Shane Tedder, Sustainability Coordinator, University of Kentucky
Shane holds a BA in Anthropology and a MS in Forestry from UK. Key areas of responsibility are:
- Communicating to the University Community about UK’s sustainability-related initiatives and efforts
- Serving as staff to the President’s Sustainability Advisory Committee,
- Serving as the staff adviser to the Student Sustainability Council
- Chairing the Facilities Team for the Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Special assistant to campus sustainability projects as needed
- Tracking sustainability metrics and measuring campus progress
The seminar will be held at 2:00 pm in CRMS 323 (RMB 323).