Our faculty conduct nationally recognized, cutting edge research in a variety of disciplines, including the following core research areas.
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Controls and Manufacturing
- Micro/nano scale devices and materials
- Power and Energy
- Computer Architectures and Embedded Systems
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning
We also play a leading role in several large-scale research centers and institutes, including:
- Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
- Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CeNSE)
- Power and Energy Institute of Kentucky (PEIK).
Many of our faculty are internationally recognized experts in these areas, and have received prestigious awards and honors including recognition as IEEE Fellows, and the National Science Foundation’s Career and Research Initiation Awards. Research endeavors such as these not only push the frontiers of knowledge in their own right, but also provide tremendous opportunities for both graduate and undergraduate students to participate in cutting edge research, making contributions and being recognized within the scientific community.