We aspire to make the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering a community of scholars and knowledge seekers, where the best students and faculty from all over the world come and accomplish great things by advancing the art and applications of electrical and computer engineering.We seek to be preferred choice of:
- students and practitioners seeking an engineering education;
- employers hiring engineering graduates;
- organizations seeking advanced engineering knowledge.
The mission of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Kentucky is to:
- Develop graduates who are trained in the theory and practice of electrical and computer engineering and are prepared to handle the professional and leadership challenges of their careers.
- Develop research laboratories and centers of excellence that advance the art of electrical and computer engineering.
- Serve the Commonwealth and the society at large with new products, services, and dissemination of the state-of-the-art technology.
We support the values of the University, and in particular we value:
academic excellence and freedom;
- continuous improvement of our programs/processes;
- success of our students and seek to know them personally;
- professional development of our students and engineering practitioners;
- the personal and professional development of our faculty and staff;
- diversity among our students, faculty and staff;
- and being a collaborative part of the University of Kentucky