All activities conducted by the Chemical Engineering & Materials Engineering faculty and staff are focused on the achievement of our Mission and Vision statements, as follows:
Vision Statement of the Programs
- To be recognized both nationally and internationally for excellence in chemical & materials engineering.
- To be of service to the citizens of the Commonwealth.
- To be the preferred choice of: Students seeking chemical & materials engineering education; Companies hiring chemical & materials engineering graduates; Organizations seeking engineering knowledge.
Mission Statement of the Programs
- To provide education, research, and service in a scholarly environment,
- To prepare our students for successful professional careers,
- To meet the needs of our constituents,
- To extend the body of knowledge,
- To improve the quality of life.
Educational Objectives of the Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program:
- Produce graduates who are successful in chemical engineering practice, professional and/or academic pursuits.
- Produce graduates who function independently and in teams to carry out in-depth solution strategies to chemical engineering problems.
- Produce graduates who continue to advance in their careers and participate in professional development activities.
Educational Objectives of the Materials Engineering Undergraduate Program:
- Produce graduates with an understanding of materials science and engineering who can function independently as professionals in the practice of engineering or as successful members of related graduate and professional programs.
- Produce graduates who can use their materials science and engineering education to continue their careers with steady advancement and professional development.