Be a part of developing tomorrow’s infrastructure through the diverse disciplines of civil engineering!
- Emphases in geotechnical, water resources, environmental, transportation, construction and structural engineering, as well as other related fields, allow students to discover which area of civil engineering is right for them.
- The Kentucky Transportation Center, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s research and training arm, is located in the engineering quadrangle, providing research opportunities with easy access for students focused on transportation engineering.
- The Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute, is located nearby in the Mining and Minerals Building and provides research opportunities and summer internships for students focused on water resources and environmental engineering.
- Civil engineering graduates are properly trained to meet the infrastructure challenges of today and tomorrow.
The University of Kentucky Civil Engineering undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. For more information on ABET visit www.abet.org.
- E-Day Open House Offers Hands-on EngineeringEngineers Day, better known as E-Day, is February 25, 2017, from 9 am to 1 pm. This open house showcases the diversity of research in the UK College of Engineering. The event, sponsored by Lexmark, offers interactive displays for school-age … Read More
- Appalachian Health and Well-Being Forum Focuses on Southeastern KentuckyAs Southeastern Kentucky works to address well-documented and long-standing regional disparities in health and well-being, scientists from the University of Kentucky and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) came together with community leaders and research partners recently for … Read More