- Strengthen the network of UK Engineering Alumni around the country and promote support of College of Engineering initiatives.
- Strengthen the affinity of UK Engineering Alumni with the College of Engineering as a whole.
Summary of Chair Responsibilities
The Chair for the Communications and Advancement Committee of the UKEAA serves as an officer on the Board’s Executive Committee. The primary responsibilities of the Chair are the planning, coordination, and implementation of the Board’s initiatives as they are related to communications and advancement.
Working Relations With
The UKEAA Board President and Executive Committee, UK College of Engineering Office of Alumni and Philanthropy staff.
Along with the Chair, the Communications and Advancement Committee will occupy a total of three to five seats on the UKEAA Board. Each Board member representing the committee will be responsible for the goals and objectives as stated. Length of service correlates with each individual’s UKEAA Board term limits.
Knowledgeable about College of Engineering advancement goals, strong networking skills, superior planning and organizing skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with members of the community, University staff, faculty, and students.
Summary of Committee Responsibilities
The Communications and Advancement Committee of the Engineering Alumni Association Board serves as a catalyst to promote information and advocate for the needs of the College of Engineering.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote and share information with UK Engineering Alumni about the Board as well as College of Engineering news and events.
- To assist in scholarship fundraising by advocating for College of Engineering prospective and current students.
- To promote the “brand” of the UK College of Engineering and UKEAA Board.
- To select UKEAA Scholarship recipients based on merit and student needs.
- To assist with UKEAA Board membership needs through communication with the Engineering Alumni Association.
- To work closely with UK College of Engineering staff regarding the UKEAA budget and expense reports.
- To develop a diverse network of alumni for Board membership consideration and communicate any membership needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the UKEAA Board Executive Committee or full Board.
BBNfluencer (One Day for UK), Social media posts (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)