- Strengthen the network of UK Engineering Alumni around the country and support engagement with prospective and current engineering students.
- Strengthen the affinity of UK Engineering Alumni with the College of Engineering as a whole.
Summary of Chair Responsibilities
The Chair for the Academic Outreach Committee of the UKEAA serves as an officer on the Board’s Executive Committee. The primary responsibilities of the Chair are the planning and implementation of the UKEAA Board’s support for College of Engineering students in the areas of academics, retention, and recruitment. The Chair will also be responsible for setting the committee’s yearly agenda by working in conjunction with student representatives and the Executive Committee.
Working Relations With
The UKEAA Board President and Executive Committee, UK College of Engineering faculty and various staff in the Offices of Alumni and Philanthropy, Recruitment, and Student Affairs.
Along with the Chair, the Academic Outreach Committee will occupy a total of three to five seats on the UKEAA Board. Each Board member representing the committee will be responsible for the goals and objectives as stated. Length of service correlates with each individual’s UKEAA Board term limits.
Willingness to work with engineering students both on and off campus, superior planning and organizing skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with members of the community, University staff, faculty, and students.
Summary of Committee Responsibilities
The Academic Outreach Committee of the Engineering Alumni Association Board serves as a catalyst to support prospective and current College of Engineering students.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To increase the involvement of Engineering Alumni in support of student needs across all programs and departments.
- To participate in and promote the College’s student mentorship program.
- To assist with placements and professional networking to improve student success and retention.
- To assist with the College of Engineering’s recruitment efforts.
- To obtain information regarding the College of Engineering’s needs through student perspective.
- To connect Engineering Alumni with various academic departments.
- To assist with and promote alumni/student engagement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the UKEAA Board Executive Committee or full Board.
Mentoring Program, Tutoring, Speaking Engagements, Networking Events, Student Focus Groups