See a glimpse of all the University of Kentucky College of Engineering has to offer you! Included is information about our brand new First-Year Engineering Program, engineering majors, Living Learning Program, scholarships, career services, and more. Come visit the College of Engineering to see and learn more. Text UKCOE to 67076 or email email@example.com to schedule.
Live at the core of innovation
See yourself in blue
Now in its second century of existence, the UK College of Engineering is the top-ranked engineering program in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. With our small class sizes and wide-ranging opportunities for student involvement and leadership, we are poised to help you begin a future in engineering. As a student at the University of Kentucky, you will have all of the advantages that come with being a student in a flagship state institution, yet within the intimate environment of the College of Engineering.
Our faculty-to-student ratio is 1:18, giving you unparalleled opportunities to interact with faculty and participate in research, even as an undergraduate student. You’ll be more than just a number – you’ll be a valuable part of the student body.
The college’s nationally and internationally recognized faculty bring their expertise into your classrooms and labs. They are genuinely interested in helping you succeed at UK and beyond.
Don’t be just a number! Our program lets you dive in and start lab work immediately, rather than make you wait until your junior or senior year. You’ll be able to jump right into serious research in places like the Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments (Vis Center), KySat satellite project, the UK Solar Car Team, 3-D scanning research and numerous summer programs.
Contact us today!
Students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Engineering must complete the application from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
A separate application for the college of engineering is not necessary.
Any student with questions regarding admission to the College of Engineering can contact the Director of Recruitment at (859) 218-5170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freshman applicants must submit the following:
- Either: UK Application for Undergraduate Admission or Common Application
- Test Scores: Official results for either the ACT (American College Testing) or the SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) are required. Arrangements to take either test may be made through your high school counselor’s office. Indicate to the testing service that an official score report should be sent to the University of Kentucky (ACT School Code -1554; SAT School Code – 1837). Student copies, high school report copies, or scores from high school transcripts will not be accepted.
- Transcripts: Attach an official high school transcript to the application. This transcript should reflect grades through at least six semesters of high school work. If you are a high school graduate, submit a complete official transcript including the date of graduation.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation: All freshmen applicants must submit an academic letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor. The recommender can submit this electronically or can download a PDF version, complete it, and mail it to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee: Attach $50 in cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kentucky. Full-time UK employees applying to take classes and who submit a copy of their UK staff card are not required to pay the processing fee.
Minimum freshman entry requirements are an ACT math score of 23 or an Old SAT (prior to March 2016) math score of 540 or a New SAT (after March 2016) math score of 570.
Students that do not initially meet the admission requirements, but still interested in pursuing an engineering degree, may register at UK and take the necessary math course sequence to become eligible for admission later. Please contact the Director of Recruitment at email@example.com with questions.
Students may also consider taking preparatory coursework at another college or university offering math and science courses prior to seeking admission to the College of Engineering.
Preparation sequence for Calculus I:
- ACT math score of 27 or an Old SAT (prior to March 2016) math score of 620 or a New SAT (after March 2016) math score of 640 may enroll in MA 113 Calculus I
- ACT math score of 23-26 or Old SAT (prior to March 2016) math score of 540-610 or New SAT (after March 2016) math score of 570-630 should enroll in MA 110 Algebra and Trigonometry for Calculus. The College of Engineering requires at least a C or better in this 4-credit hour course before enrolling in MA 113.
NOTE: A Mathematics Department placement exam will be required of all incoming students desiring to take math courses. The exam score will guide the selection of a proper math course for the student. Incoming students with an ACT Math score of 30 or above are not required to take this placement exam. Students with college transfer credit for MA 109 College Algebra are not required to take this placement exam but are highly encouraged to do so.