To provide education, research and service in a scholarly environment in a way that:
- prepares our students for successful professional careers;
- addresses the changing needs of our other constituents; and
- responds to the technological challenges facing the Commonwealth and the Nation.
The University of Kentucky College of Engineering will be internationally recognized for educating students to meet the global engineering challenges of the 21st century, for conducting pioneering research for the advancement of our society and for serving the needs of the citizens of Kentucky and the nation. We will be ranked as one of the top 50 colleges of engineering in the United States by 2020.
We support the values of the University and in particular we value:
- academic excellence and freedom;
- assessment and continuous improvement of our programs/processes;
- success of our students and seek to know them personally;
- professional development of our students and engineering practitioners;
- the personal and professional development of our faculty and staff;
- diversity among our students, faculty and staff; and
- being a collaborative part of the University of Kentucky.